Sunday, February 3, 2013

Random Things

I take Sidnie to school every morning.  There is usually a lot of traffic down the Blvd., and that can get old.  But here is the beautiful sunrise that greeted me on this early morning trek on January 8th, 2013...
I truly am thankful for the Sun that brightens each day.  I am also thankful for the SON!

James had a co-worker that began asking questions relating to the gospel about 8 months ago.  She read the Book of Mormon, continued to ask questions of James and another LDS co-worker and eventually found out she could take the discussions on line.  Her family was and is opposed to the gospel, but Ashley gained a testimony of her own and finally moved forward with that witness she received by getting baptized, against her families wishes, on January 11, 2013.  James and I were able to travel to Searcy and participate in her baptism.  James gave the talk on BAPTISM!  Congratulations Ashley! 

I am not sure who snapped this picture, 
or who smacked Zack to leave this red hand print mark on his back, but, OUCH!  
Isn't it great how well siblings can get along?

Even though it's January, with the mild December we had, my Daffodils were confused and began blooming early.  They have done this in the past as well, but this year it seemed extra early.  Then it got super cold, so I cut down the earliest bloomers and enjoyed there warm yellow brightness inside.  Daffodils are hardy plants.  There is nothing else out there blooming or surviving this early in the winter.  We can be like those Daffodils and withstand the trails that come.
Next to the daffodils is my amaryllis bulb that I got for Christmas and planted when I got back from vacation.  There is also another amaryllis from a past year growing in the background.
 Progress on the amaryllis...
 Not sure what this one is doing.  Just sprouting leaves...
 Getting closer...


A minkee blanket I recently made for the newest Graham baby boy...

This makes me happy!
 My Grandpa, Mervil Hanna, died almost a year ago. I was able to travel to his funeral in New Mexico and help clean out his home. I was lucky enough to get a few things of his. This is one of them. I know it's only a measuring cup and not that big of a deal, but to me it is. Everytime I pull it out to use, I think of him and it makes me happy.  I had a two cup pyrex measuring cup, but this one cup one is something I probably wouldn't spend money on myself, but I have so enjoyed having it.
I also got some square bowls, and some odd silverware (spoons) too. There were other things as well...a can of parsley flakes, an ice pick, his old military leather wallet, some old coins and a spent shot gun shell from the military salute at his burial.  They make me happy too.
Growing up, we usually had some stray pieces of silverware in our drawer.  The ones that were different looking than all the rest were usually my favorites.  In fact, I had a favorite spoon.  I have had some favorites over my married years as well.  Every now and then, one gets lost, but then I pick a new favorite.  Most people think that is odd.  To my husband it makes no difference which utensil he is using, as long as it works.  Well, I enjoy some over others.  Some feel more comfortable in my hand.  Some are more attractive than others in their look/style.  It doesn't really matter, but I still have a favorite spoon and fork. 
[It's better than having a favorite child, right?]

No comments:

Post a Comment