Monday, February 18, 2013

March for Life


After church on January 20th, I wanted to participate in the Arkansas March for Life.  I did it two years ago, but wasn't able to last year with the time of our church changing.  Now that it is back to it's normal time, I was able to go after our block of meetings was over.  I brought 5 of the children with me.  Kate was home sick with a Migraine headache.  I don't want to be political, but I do feel it's important to stand up against abortion.  There are not "reproductive rights."  We should all be responsible with the power to conceive and bear children.  And it's a matter of life or death for that person.  Give them a chance to LIVE!
Kids on the steps of the capitol.
 Me with the kiddos.
 Marchers gathering on the steps at the capitol.
 The crowd gathering on and near the steps.


 Black balloons released into the air.
 An Eternal Flame of Freedom that burns at the Capitol.
 Of course the boys loved the fire.
 Spencer with the sign.

I had the chance to meet Jim Bob Duggar.  (From 19 kids at counting.)  They are such a great example of being willing to see the blessings in a life.  I knew I could move here to AR when expecting my 5th because I wasn't the only "crazie" out there with a large family.  [And my family doesn't even compare to theirs.]  {But children are a blessing nonetheless.} I shook his hand and thanked him for endorsing my husbands book The Marriage Garden a few years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment