Sunday, September 23, 2012

Spencer rides his bike

In the past (like last Summer), Spencer has come close to be able to ride his bike on his own without the training wheels, but since it's scary, he hasn't really been interested in trying even though he is pretty close to riding on his own. So I didn't push it until July (20th).  It was the hottest day of the summer, but I was bound and determined to help him.  His friend (Jonathan) had been over and can ride Spencer's bike and I thought it would be great if they could ride together.  So I convinced Spencer to give it a try and promised I would NOT let go.  I ran up and down the street sweating.  He got the hang of it pretty quickly, but he was still nervous, so I kept running with him.  But I wasn't holding the seat and keeping him up, I was just resting my thumb on his back, so he thought I was still holding him up.  And he loved it!






















 
Here is video Kate took of Spencer learing to ride while I ran up and down the street.


We went out several days in a row, just to have me watch him go. It didn't take long until he was exploring the neighborhood on his own. And of course there were a few mishaps along the way. This one happened on July 29th. He was sad until we got it patched up and then he was off again.  It didn't keep him down for very long.


No comments:

Post a Comment