Sunday, July 8, 2012

Honey, I uh, hit the...

You know life is pulling you in too many directions and that you are not getting enough sleep when this happens...
On Friday the 8th of June, James was gone to his LeadAR seminar, and I was running the kids to their morning swim practices. I took Zack and Spencer to the pool and ended up staying to try to get Spencer to stay in the pool. It's been cool this month (not as hot and humid as usual here in Arkansas) and therefore, the water has been down right cold. Spencer doesn't handle it well and always wants to get out. I ended up leaving in a rush to come get Kammie for her practice and hurried home. I stopped the van in the driveway, left Sidnie buckled in, got out and hurried in to get Kammie for her practice and to get Sidnie some more frosted flakes. I thought I got the car in park. I came inside, yelled for Kam to get ready, and grabbed the box of cereal. Then there was a loud crash. I was like: "Holy Cow! What was that?" As it turns out, the van must not have been in park. Maybe I only got it part way to neurtral, but it wasn't rolling as I got out of the car and walked in, at least not that I could tell. So it must have popped into Drive and rolled 25 feet or more into the garage without hitting the walls or sides of the garage and hit the extra refridgerator we have out there. Yikes!

Sidnie was still buckled in her booster seat and I asked her if she was alright. She said: "The car kept moving Mama." She was fine, the car is fine, but I can't say the same thing for the fridge...

From the front...
At an angle...
Frm the side...

I yelled for Jordan to come help me. The crash knocked out the top shelf sending the gallons of milk down onto other things. I took a hammer to the side wall to get the fridge door closed and took Kam to swim practice. I was a bit rattled and my friend Kathy Walz could tell. When she found out what happened, she came over with her kids and helped me get things better situated and then to duck tape the fridge shut until I could figure something else out. So Kind!

It was great fun to call James and leave him a message and then text him to let him know what had happened. He took it well enough.

1 comment:

  1. Be thankful it was just the fridge, years ago I did the same thing at my old house, but my suburban hit the house. It messed up our garage door, and a bunch of bricks fell down. So glad everyone is OK.

    ReplyDelete