Sunday, October 16, 2011

Quilt Tops

Last month I was at a fabric store just browsing, when I discovered some quilting fabric on sale for 50% off. I thought I'd grab some basic colors and get some for my stash of fabric. As I was grabbing different fabrics, I noticed that there were lots of pinks to choose from and also lots of turquoise, along with gray & whites and black & whites and it hit me. Sid likes pink and Kam likes turquoise and since they share a room, I could make them each a quilt from the same pattern, but with the color they each like best. So, I picked up the phone and called my house to get how much fabric I would need from a pattern I have called: Yellow Brick Road. I got 4 pink fabrics and 4 turquoise fabrics and then the black, whites and grays to go in both quilts. Then I got a border fabric for each quilt in it's color with squiggly lines of pink/turquoise, black, white and gray. Since then, I've been working on the quilt tops (the backing and batting too). They aren't quilted yet, but I thought you could see what I've been working on.

In pink (and black & whites and grays & whites)...
In turquoise [teal] (and black & whites and grays & whites)...

4 comments: