Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sidnie's foot

Wednesday night I was gone to my Relief Society Presidency meeting. Spencer and Sidnie were playing outside and at some point they came in with Sidnie crying. According to Spencer, "Sidnie fell off the ground." James never could figure out what was hurt and she eventually calmed down. Well on Thursday I noticed she was limping and she kept saying her leg hurt. I could see nothing wrong with her leg though. Kammie came home from school and Sidnie was so excited to have someone to play with. She wanted Kammie to come build a lego house with her. Kammie noticed that Sidnie's foot was all swollen and asked me what happened. I didn't know. When James got home a few minutes later, he told us what had happened the night before, but that still didn't explain what happened. She walks on her foot and has even tried to run to keep up with her brothers, but it's always with the limp. We figure it's not broken, because she can walk on it, but who knows what really happened. Maybe she fell off the teeter/totter and had her foot smashed by it. We hope she gets better soon. She sure has missed her siblings all day while they are away at school.
It's her right foot (the one on your left) that is hurt. You may not be able to tell from the picture, but it is purple and swollen on top. There is also a line of brusing across the top in one spot.
Another view.

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't be surprised if the teeter-totter fell on her foot. I dropped a 25 lb. weight on the top of my foot at weightlifting about six weeks ago. It looked a lot like Sidnie's foot does. The swelling and bruising went away after awhile, but it's still tender if I bump it in the wrong spot.

    ReplyDelete