Sunday, August 22, 2010

First Day of School

Thursday, August 19th, 2010 (this past week) was the first day of school. It wasn't cool to take pictures of the older girls, but they are in 7th (Jordan at Maumelle Middle school)and 9th grades (Kate is at Oak Grove High School as a Freshmen). And this was the beautiful sunrise that greeted us while we were waiting at 6:40 a.m.for the bus to pick up Kate, that never came.
"Oh how lovely was the morning, Radiant beamed the sun above..."

Spencer's very first day of school--off to Pre-K with Mrs. Thompson and Mrs. Beasley (the same teacher's Zack had 3 years ago).
Zack, my 2nd grader.
Kammie, our 4th grader.
All the elementary school kids together, ready to go.


Too bad they all don't go to the same school. Kam and Zack go to Pine Forest Elementary School, but they don't offer Pre-K, so Spencer goes to Crystal Hills Elementary Magnet School. I have 5 children at 4 different schools.

So far the new system and schedule that the superindentent has come up with is a mess. Kammie and Zack's bus has taken them until 5:15pm and 5pm to get them home because the driver is behind on his middle school bus route and doesn't even get to the elementary school by the time he is supposed to pick them up. I've decided I'll have my kids ride the bus to school in the morning, and then I'll pick Spencer up early from his school and then hustle to get Kam and Zack at their school. I won't have my children having a 45 hour "work" week going to school. It's just too long.

1 comment:

  1. Cute kids and a beautiful sunrise! I'm a little jealous that they have uniforms. It's always seemed like a good idea to me. Do you like it? Good luck with the schedules!

    ReplyDelete