Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Fitness Tag

Kim at the Brown Bulletin is sharing the fitness love and tagged me. [And I don’t know how to make the link here, so you’ll just have to refer to her blog on the sidebar of this blog.] So here goes…
1. What are you most fond of accomplishing in 2010?
I can’t say that I accomplished much in 2010. I didn’t run any races besides the 4H 5K in April with Kammie on my back part of the time. (She was “running” her first run, and wasn’t up for the endurance part.) I just enjoy running, so I go at least 4 times per week. The other two days a week I stay in and do Tae Bo to mix things up a bit. This Fall things did change a bit when my oldest daughter began Early Morning Seminary. Now instead of getting some of the kiddos off to school and going for my run, now I get up at 5:30am and wake up Kate. Then James and I go running together. It’s been nice, especially since it is dark outside at that time these days.

2. What are your running goals for the year?
Not sure. I would love to run another marathon or half marathon race, but since I’m cheap and put other needs first, I don’t have any plans right now for one. We’ll see. (I’m also worried that since I ran my only marathon while I was pregnant, that even though I should do better while not in that condition, I might not. Then what will my excuse be. I’m getting older and slower?)

3. What is your favorite race?
I really liked my half marathon, and it seems a better distance than 26.2 miles. I really don’t spend money on races that often—too much of a tight wad I guess.

4. What is your favorite Holiday guilty pleasure?
My sister’s Chocolate Chocolate-chip Cheese Cake is really yummy. Oreo truffles are good too. I just heard about brownie dipped oreos and want to try those. And the prime rib dinner on Christmas is divine. Let’s just say I was never hungry while at the Olson’s—just the opposite, always full!

5. What is your most embarrassing running or working out moment?
Well, just this Fall while running early morning in the dark, I didn’t see some branches that someone had put on the curb to have picked up by the green recycle garbage pick up and my shoelace caught and I went down. I landed on my right knee and my hands. I knew it was bleeding, but I got back up and finished the run.

I’m not sure that many people even read this blog, and will play along with being tagged, but I tag Harmony of Me and my Five Boys and Kasey of Me and my Apron – All things food. (Although this is a blog about all the yummy food she makes, Kasey is a runner as well.)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for playing along! Maybe if your summer trip ends up around the July holidays, we could do a 5K together??

    Kim

    ReplyDelete