Sunday, July 28, 2013

While at horsebackriding...

Zack came with Jordan and I to horseback riding lessons.  Shortly after Jordan was up and riding, he told me there was a  huge "bug" in the "office" in the barn.  He wanted me to come see it, so I went with him.  It wasn't in the same spot as before when Zack had been there a few minutes before, but we found the "bug" anyway.  Only it wasn't a bug.  This poor little humming bird was stuck and couldn't get out the window.  He could see outside, but couldn't figure a way to get passed the hard glass on the window.  Who knows how long it had been struggling.  I couldn't just leave him there, so I found a box to get him in.  I got him in and covered the top as best I could, but he flew out and back to the window.  I tried again.  This time I got him into the box and out of the office and the barn.  He flew quickly into a nearby tree and landed on a branch.  Then he sat there forever just trying to regain strength.  Finally he flew off. 
Stuck
 Resting
 Free at last.

Back in the Barn, Zack found this pulley and had fun swinging from the rafters of the door way.

Zack also had fun jumping over the cross bars the horses jump.
Not a bad shot, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment