Sunday, May 12, 2013

Project Motherhood: Pie Crusts


On April 10th we had another Project Motherhood in Young Women's.  This time I was in charge.  I taught them how to make pie crusts.
Gathering and waiting to begin...
 Sister Beheshti passing out aprons...
 Kaylianna...
 Eve, Maddie and Sister Windsor...
 Karen getting things started...
 I'm not a pro at this, but I am grateful that Cherry Pie was my favorite dessert growing up so that I learned how to make pie crusts and not be intimidated by it.  It is a great skill to have.


 My captive audience...

 We weren't set up with a professional kitchen with mirrors, but we made it work...
Preparing the pastry cloth...
 Let's roll it out...
 Now it was time for the girls to make their own...
 Eve and Ana Grace
 Gloria and Natalie
 Ana Grace, Michelle, Kaylianna
 HannaH
  The finishing touches...
 Sweeping up...
You can do so much with a pie crust besides making pies, there is quiche, pot pies, tarts, turnovers, etc.  We hope all the girls had fun and learned something.

1 comment: