Sunday, June 3, 2012

Teacher Gifts and a BIG OOPS!

With James' newly acquired talent in wood carving, I asked him to make the elementary school kids teachers signs. James was happy to do this and set to work. I also wanted him to make one for the sweet bus driver we've had for the last 6 1/2 years. She's been Great!

Kammie with her sign in Walnut for Mrs. McMahan...
Spencer with his sign in Cherry for Mrs. Fowlkes...
Zack with his sign in Maple for Mrs. Copeland...

The kiddos with the sign for Ms. Kim the bus driver...

What a nice gesture huh? Well, here's the OOPS...it would help if I remembered Ms. Kim's last name correctly. We always call her Miss Kim and I don't know how I pulled Fields out, but her last name is FARMER. James will go back to the drawing board. We feel stupid for making that mistake, but...we'll make it right.

The kids giving Ms. Kim her sign...
The bus they ride to school...

Our bus driver has faithfully taken our kiddos to school, starting with Kate and Jordan, when we first moved here. She was Kate's bus driver to the old high school last year and has always had some of our kids. She has watched over them and carefully and safely gotten them to school for the past 6 years. She makes a big difference. When there has had to be a sub for one reason or another, they are not as good/reliable.

I figured out my mistake, when Ms. Kim called this week to talk about the bus route for next year. The caller ID said FARMER. Oh, I felt bad. I apologized and she was kind. She said she just felt honored to get something. I told her we (and by we I mean James) will make her a new one. I said that if she hadn't used the other one as firewood, she could give it back when we give her the new one, once it is finished. James took the bad news in stride. He did say it would have been good to know for sure before spending hours working on something. It was my mistake. Chalk that up to a very embarrassing moment. But this way, we can find someone with the last name Fields, and make their day.

No comments:

Post a Comment