Sunday, November 6, 2011

Carving Pumpkins

In Arkansas, you can't carve your pumpkins too soon, or they will get moldy. So, on the 29th, after the swim meet we carved pumpkins. And, I have to say, that it was enjoyable for me this year. Usually the kids hate cleaning out the pumpkin and I have to do them all. I can do a few, but anything over 2 becomes a chore for me. But, Zack and Kammie were both excited this year to do as much as they could. Zack even went gung-ho and cleaned out Jordan's, Spencer's and Kate's pumpkins as well. Kammie cleaned hers and sorted out her seeds and Zack's seed's too. I loved it! I helped a little here and there and helped clean the rest of the seeds and roast them. All in all, I throughly enjoyed the whole process this year.

Best carving knife ever!!!
My mother-in-law sent me this pumpkin carving knife years ago. It has been the best. It's not sharp to the touch, but it cuts through pumpkins easily. {I bought a new pumpkin carving kit last year after Halloween on clearance, but it is flimsy and just doesn't work as well.}


Zack with his tiny pumpkin...When Spence, Sid and I went to the pumpkin farm on Spence's field trip, Zack requested that we get him the "littlest pumpkin." He was pleased with our $1 purchase.


Kam and Zack at work...
A view from the other side...

Kam's finished...

J next to her pumpkin...

J's pumpkin had a natural dimple in the middle, so she turned her pumpkin into a cat...

Spencer was at a friend's roller skating b-day party on Saturday, so he woke up early and carved his Sunday morning the (30th). Zack had preped everything, so he just had to put in the face...

Spencer's was green--he picked it out that way from the pumpkin patch...

Four finished pumpkins...
Lit up Jack-o-lanterns on Halloween night...

No comments:

Post a Comment