Sunday, April 3, 2011

A flat tire

James and I swapped cars on Wednesday, so he could pick up some lumber. (We are building another 8'X8' raised bed garden on the side of our house.) Of course, I'm the one that had the trouble. On the way to pick up Spencer, the back left tire blew. I don't know what caused it, but it got loud really fast. I assumed it was the tire, but with how loud it was and the fact that I couldn't really feel that I was lop-sided, I thought maybe there was a hole in the muffler or something. (I have lost a muffler before. My old volkswagen bug back in 1987...) Since I don't have a cell phone, and I needed to pick up Spencer and another friend's kids that day, I made the decision to not stop right there on the busy blvd., but to just get to the school and deal with it from there. So I completely shreded the tire, but the rim seems okay. I kind man in the parking lot, that was just going to enjoy a smoke, let me use his cell phone and offered to change it to the spare if I had one. I knew I did, so I took him up on his offer. So KIND. Thank you Tim! I was able to get Spencer and my friend's children (off the bus) and then stop to get some air in my spare tire at a shop nearby, while another friend went to the middle school and picked up Jordan. And yet another friend, took Kammie and Zack to her house, when we weren't home yet as she tried to drop them off. Sidnie and I were watched over and blessed.

The spare tire and the shreded on next to it...
"Yota" with the spare tire on it...

No comments:

Post a Comment