Sunday, April 17, 2011

Crazy Skirt project

Last year for Easter I made lots of skirts with frilly chiffon ruffles on them, thanks to a friend [Kim] who shared her chiffon order, talent and idea with me. Another friend [Amy] found a cute pettiskirt tutorial (http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2010/07/full-and-fluffy-pettiskirt.html) and thought she might make some for her girls. After she looked further, she decided it was too much work. Well, I've had some leftover chiffon since last year and crazily decided that I would make Sidnie the pettiskirt. And it was a TON of work! I did get help from my dear friend, Amy, on Friday. She brought her daughter over to play and was finished with her sewing project, so she helped me with mine and let me use her serger as well. After long last, it's done and so fun. My princess loves it of course!


The underneath layer in pink.

The two layers that are sewn to the different layers of the waistband.

The final product.


I just used what chiffon I had left, so the combination of pink and purple is kind of Easter Egg like, but it works for us.

1 comment:

  1. I think you've now discovered the reason those little pettiskirts are expensive to buy in the boutiques :) The fabric is cheap, but TONS OF WORK!

    Nice job- you're a super hero mom!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete