Sunday, March 20, 2011

Super Busy Three days

This past week was crazy busy for us. Monday the kids did not have school, and then the busy began. Tuesday and Thursday parent/teacher conferences were held. We have 5 children at 4 different schools and only two afternoons to see all the teachers for each child. (And there are multiple teachers for the middle school and high school.) Tuesday we had dentist appointments (set up over 6 months ago, not knowing it would be parent/teacher conference). Thursday was TaeKwonDo belt testing for 3 of our children, along with the Additional Relief Society Meeting celebrating the RS's 169th Birthday that I was in charge of. And Wednesday-Friday, James was supposed to be out of town, but in state for the Galaxy (Extension) Conference.

We had to cancel piano lessons on Tuesday, so we could all get to the dentist. (The kids were really sad about that one--sense the sarcasm.) James took time off and did Kate's parent/teacher conferences at the high school. Luckily he was there, because Kate had been on a field trip that day and the bus didn't get back by the end of school. James was able to pick her up and bring her to the dentist before he hurried off to see clients. Kate is doing great in school, but could put forth a little more effort in a few classes. Thankfully no one has any cavities and our trip to the dentist was without incident. :) Then I hurried off to Kam and Zack's parent teacher conferences. They are both doing very well. Then it was time to get kidos off to TaeKwonDo. Dinner was squeezed in there somewhere. I talked Spencer's teacher into letting me do his conference on Wednesday after school. I was able to make bread that day, so I took a fresh hot loaf to both of his teachers. We had an early dinner and then loaded up the mini-van and headed to the church for choir practice at 6pm. After that, while the older girls had Activity Days and Young Women's, I set up long tables and chairs in the gym for the RS dinner the next night. Thursday I picked up Spencer and Jordan and dropped them off at home, while I went back to the middle school to see Jordan's teachers. She is an outstanding student but could still talk a bit more. (Surprise, Surprise!)

Luckily, James was able to leave his conference and come back to take the kids to their activities Thursday night, while I was at the church for RS. (Kate, Kam and Zack tested for their next belt in TKD and J had gymnastics.) The RS B-day celebration went well. Teriney had a great vision and the decorations, food and cakes were wonderful. We played a purse related game and then played some Bingo with some $10 gift cards as prizes. It was a lot of work (we used china plates, Waterford crystal glasses and silverware instead of paper goods, but it was a success. [And I missed seeing the BYU vs. Wofford game live, but we WON and I recorded it, so I was able to watch it after the fact.]

James went back to his conference early Friday morning and I headed to the school for an end of the term awards/recognition assembly.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You had a lot going on! We don't have parent teachers conferences here! I am impressed you fit everything in. I am glad I don't have to help with Relief Society meetings anymore. Ours always seemed to come at busy times too! Maybe it is because we are always busy!

    ReplyDelete