Sunday, November 28, 2010

Blocks Galore

I'm the counselor in the RS presidency (in our ward) over Additional RS Meetings each month. November was our "Super" Thursday craft night. One of the crafts was making some wooden blocks that said: "HOME," "LOVE," or "NOEL." We needed enough for 51 sets and each set has 4 blocks. My husband and I purchased the wood at Home Depot, even purchasing an extra board for good measure. The next day after the world wide church leadership training, my sweet hubby spent all afternoon cutting the 5 1/2" X 6" blocks at a friend's house who had a saw. He called me when he was done and said: "I'm done with all 195 blocks." I freaked out, because we needed 204blocks. We had calculated wrong, even with the extra board. So, my hubby ran to Lowes and bought an additional 2"X6" and cut that as well. [Thanks dear!] Then they needed to be painted, so the ladies would have enough time to finish the project that night. I recruited helpers in my children and we painted at least half of the blocks. Lots of fun. Craft night was a hit and most got their projects done that night. YEAH!


Zack, Jordan and Kammie busy at work.
Such Happy Helpers. Doesn't it look fun?
The finished product.
(To quote a friend of mine, "It makes me happy.")
On the flip side it has this...

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that was a lot of effort on your part. They look great though!

    ReplyDelete