Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Turtle and a snake

Busy day for reptiles around here yesterday. I was watering my flowers, when Zack and Kammie got off the bus and excitedly ran home. There was a big box turtle in the road where the bus and dropped them off. We went and got it out of the road and played with him for a while, before letting him go. He was the biggest one we've seen yet.



Zack was eager to pick it up.


Later I moved to watering the garden. Near the house, the ground cloth we had put down (to prevent weeds) and then the mulch was coming up. I thought maybe a sprinkler head was the reason, so I stepped back into the flower bed to fix the cloth and mulch. As I put my had down near the cloth, there was a SNAKE! It scared me, and I didn't know what kind it was, so my kids helped me get a bucket and catch it. Later we found out it was just a brown garden snake, not a Poisonous one, so I was brave enough to hold it and then let it go safely back into the flower bed.


1 comment:

  1. You are a better woman than me. We get garden snakes around here all the time, but I keep my distance!

    ReplyDelete