Sunday, April 11, 2010

Ruffles GALOR!

Here are the skirts I've been sewing all week long. (And I mean ALL week long!) I got my box of chiffon on Monday and Tuesday I started on Kammie's and Kate's skirts. Thursday I finished Kammie's and Kate's and then decided that Jordan needed hers to wear on Sunday as well. I figured Sidnie could wear the new dress I recently made her. Well, after getting Jordan's done, after staying up well past midnight on Friday, I decided Sidnie wouldn't want to be left out of the frilly ruffles display at church. So I sewed like a mad woman all day long and did nothing else but sew on Saturday. It was long, but I finished her skirt as well. They were all so cute at church on Sunday. Nice!


So, here they are...



Now for the cute girls in the skirts...
Is she not the cutest thing in the world? (O.k., so I'm the biased Mom!)



Kammie in pink.

Jordan in purple.


Kate, the teenager, with a different style skirt [going for an older look for her]and she even helped make it for personal progress.



Don't they look so cute! The boys are grumpy. Pehaps because they don't have the frills? But they are handsome little guys nonetheless.

3 comments:

  1. I am so impressed! They turned out great. Now you know why I enjoy sewing clothes more than quilts, you can actually finish them if you push yourself, although, I have never had to make that many of any one thing other than pajamas for Christmas, and they go fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! They turned out great- I never doubted they would...my wow is strictly over all that you accomplished in a couple of days. And I know how much ruffling it takes ;)

    And I love the polka dot fabric. It turned out so cute. That'll be one of my next....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kathie and Family!
    Fun to catch up....glad to see you blogging! Happy Spring ~ [LOVE the spring quilt in the background]

    ReplyDelete