Sunday, February 2, 2014

Halloween

Usually pumpkins are over priced, so, like I did last year, I waited until it was practically Halloween to buy some.  Last year it worked out for me.  Stores were ready to clear the pumpkins out and they had been marked down.  NOT this year.  There was a shortage of pumpkins this year and I had to go to 5 places before I found some.  And when I did find them, it was at a nursery and they were over priced.  Ooops!  I bought three anyway (one big, one medium, and one small) so the kids would be able to carve them and so we could roast the seeds.
Jordan got creative and just cut slits in hers
 The roasted seeds...yum!
And we roasted the pumpkin and make a pie with J's the next day.
My little mermaid..
 My fox...
 We had some ice skating/roller skating passes that expired on Oct. 31st, so the older girls invited all their member friends to go with them.  James took the older girls to the Skatium, while I trick or treated with the Middles and Littles.  We went with our friends the Walz mostly in their neighborhood and then for a little bit in ours.
At the Walz getting ready to go...
 And out we go...
We walked a ton and got lots of candy.  A good time was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment