Sunday, March 24, 2013

Horseback riding and a Stake Dance

Jordan loves her time riding horses on Saturdays.  But we've had a youth temple trip, youth conference and then she was sick, so it has been more misses than hits lately.

Here she is on February 23rd riding Hip Hop.  She got to jump the horse (in the arena) for the first time.

 Here she is with Skittles on March 9th.
Video clips of her ride...
She had an interesting and somewhat scary incident on the 9th.  She was riding Skittles and practicing for Jumps.  Not actually doing jumps, but practicing.  I was busy doing some paperwork when I heard Sarah Bradley, the owner, say:  "No!  Don't stand up!"  I looked up in time to see Jordan loose her balance and fall off the horse.  It was like it was happening in slow motion, but I could do nothing to stop her fall or help.  She was rounding a corner and for a jump you are to raise up a little bit, but she stood up too much and lost her balance on the turn.  Scary!  She hit the ground.  The horse, took off like a shot.  I came from one direction and Sarah came from the other.  When she knew that Jordan was okay, she told me to stay where I was.  I wasn't going to be the one to help her get back up on the horse, and she didn't want Jordan to get emotional for me.  They caught the horse, brought him back and she got right back on.  We are very glad that she is okay.  A bit shaken and sore, but okay!

There was a bi-Stake dance on March 9th as well.  Kate and Jordan went.  Someone else snapped these pictures and sent them to me.
Sisters...
 Jordan is there not dancing in the background...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment