Sunday, March 11, 2012

Time for a Flea and TICK collar

On March 2nd, I came home from running errands and stuff and I saw this grey pebble like thing on my carpet. I wondered what it was. I knew it wasn't a rock. There was a spoon in my room, so I turned it over a few times with it. I picked it up with the spoon and then I realized it was a TICK. It was so full of blood that ti was HUGE. It probably came off the cat, because he was so full, before he exploded. I took the tick outside, snapped a couple of photos and then smashed him.

The tick near a dime, so you can have a better idea of it's size...
A little bit closer...
Smash! He's gone...
(I know some of you out there are wondering why we even let the cat inside, but ticks are so common here, that even if it wasn't the cat bringing one in every now and then, we get them often enough just by being outside. Even if we spray for bugs on the lawn.) But I may look into getting some sort of medicine for the cat that repels ticks. Yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment