Sunday, February 20, 2011

Daffodils

The weather here in Arkansas is warm, then cold, then warm, then freezing cold, then nice, then snowy and the super warm again. So, my daffodils (and tulips) are alwasy confused about when to come up. They start when we get mild weather in January, and then it will snow on the stalks trying to peek up through the ground. But, my daffocils have persevered and began blooming this week. The first to burst out of it's bloom was a stalk that was bent in half by the weight of the snow we had just last week, but not broken all the way off. But that didn't stop it from blooming anyway. The grass is still brown, but the yellow flowers are coming out anyway. A welcome sight...

Here's the one with the bent stalk...
Close up...
All in a row...

1 comment:

  1. I love it when the daffodils bloom, it just puts a smile on my face! I can't believe yours have bloomed already! Mine have started to come up, but they were slowed down with the cold weather. I thought your weather was a lot colder than ours!

    ReplyDelete