Sunday, June 13, 2010

Job/Responsibility Chart

With the start of summer, we are implementing a new system for accomplishing our responsibilities each day. There are two levels--things that have to be done and when those are accomplished, they can then earn tickets for extra jobs they do (like helping Spencer and Sidnie with their jobs). They then can use the tickets to buy the things from a family store.



We are off to a good start. The kids (especially) the older ones are eager to help out and earn tickets. They get in and accomplish all the things they should. It's been good.

3 comments:

  1. What organization! Love it! You're not the first person I've heard using tickets lately. I might have to try that.

    Happy summer to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK Kathie-I am so ready to start something fresh and new for the summer. Please give me a step by step of what everything is on the chart. How does it work exactly? What are the colors and different sections? How did you make your magnet board? I need a pattern. I have seen a few other magnet boards and they are perfect... It clearly sets up what the kids have to do. It's so easy to get stuck in a rut that I get brain dead trying to be creative in getting the kids to do what they need to do and I turn into a MEAN mommy! How hard should it be? Explain the tickets, rewards, and the different levels. Hurry!! I want to have it made by the end of this week!!!!!! Can you tell I'm desperate?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Harm I don't want to go overboard with the things I buy, but they are enjoying earning for things. A $10 toy is 40 tickets, so they are working for it.

    @Marcia, I sent you a FB message all about the chart. Send me your e-mail and I can forward the tickets page. Then you'll just have to print them (and laminate them if you want).

    ReplyDelete